https://m.youtube.com/results?q=piu%20belle%20canzoni%20italaine
When you have finished all aspects of the poem, go to the above link and listen to some of the songs that one person has dubbed le piu'' belle canzoni italiane. Leave a comment on the blog saying the name of song, the artist, and your opinion of the song with a rating from 1-10. I will give you 2 extra credit points for each song you review.
Signora, there's a tiny problem ;w;. There are three playlists or so that are on YouTube name "Le piu' belle canzoni italiane" so I was wondering if it is okay to go to any one of the lists TwT..
ReplyDelete"L'Anima Vola" by Elisa is a song I'd give an 8 out of 10 probably. The genre of the song is not entirely my type, but the video that goes with it and the choreography is very beautiful. Plus, the English translation of the lyrics seem to have a cool meaning about the soul. And I also admire Elisa (or the dancer's) dedication and emotion, she's very beautiful and some people might focus on her actual looks but she's beautiful in both ways. I love the strobe effect of the video, but as for the actual song it is quite different from most modern music to me because most music now is more electronic and it has a style pertaining to a different type of uncommon genre (at least an uncommon genre nowadays). Though, as beautiful as it is it is not my favorite song, let alone my favorite Italian song (at least at the moment) and that is because I've seen other videos like Elisa's and because of the type of genre. But it's very beautiful, and really I think I'd actually give it a 9/10. I'd listen to this song on repeat, in fact I've already replayed it a few times today.
ReplyDeleteI like Elisa Toffoli's work, but I'll review some songs from other artists too.
"Maledetta primavera" by Loretta Goggi is a song I would give a 7 out of 10. Again, this song is not my type, but it reminds me of old songs from American radio stations like Magic 106.7 and I really get a nostalgic feeling from songs like that. I also love the association of spring and how love is incorporated in the song. It's a pretty nice song, I like the instruments and the lady's voice but it is probably my least favorite Italian song THOUGH it IS good and I DO like it, it is just I have heard other Italian songs that I love more. The lyrics are well written and have a good meaning, but there is this subliminal feeling that keeps me from wanting to just belt the song out and jam to it like I do with other songs that I really love. But it is probably higher above many of the songs I hear today quality-wise.
"Piove" by Lorenzo Jovanotti Cherubini is a sad kind of song hidden behind an upbeat tone and it is a song I did not like at first, but now I really like it and I LOVE its jazzy beat! "Piove! Senti come piove!"~ I would snap my fingers to this and bob my head happily, I really like how mellow the man's voice is but how catchy the tone of his voice makes the song. Maybe he doesn't have as much emotion as Loretta or Elisa, but I can feel some emotion in another form and I would give this song a 7 out of 10. As good as it is it is pretty repetitive and lacking in emotion even though the lyrics convey some emotion. I do however, though, like the lyrics and the video is quite interesting but sad and well synced with the song.
ReplyDeleteEravoma's "Quattro amici al bar" has a Jamaican kind of feel to it and though I could not find any English lyrics, I like the way the lyrics are sung and it sounds Hawaiian as well. I like the man's voice and the beat, but I can't judge the lyrics unfortunately. It might be about four friends and what they do at a bar, but I can't say, even from the title. I'll give it a 6 out of 10. It's an all right song, not bad, but not something I would listen to again as nice as the feel of it is. (Love that ending guitar riff though, I'm a sucker for the guitar <3). The instruments are different from modern instruments and the quality seems decent which is good.
"Emozioni", Lucio Battisti, has a sad tone (which I really like) and a soft guitar tune which I also like. The man's voice is dolce e bello. I love his voice and feel quite mesmerized by it. It reminds me of the White T's "Hey There Delilah" almost; not quite, but a bit. I also love the meaningful lyrics and instrumental. I feel the "emozioni" he is singing about and I would definitely play this when I need a sad song to listen to or during a really pretty night. It's a song I'd savor though, so I would play it only so often. I'd give it an 9 out of 10. The instrumentals and his voice growing stronger at the end really adds to it and makes it feel like emotions are blooming. I like the orchestra feel, and I like how often the instrumental varies. It is just a bit slow, but that's normal with sad songs usually. It did not get a 10 out of 10 though because inside me I did not feel a huge emotional connection with this song like I do with other songs.
ReplyDelete"Una Vita Da Mediano" - Luciano Ligabue: Right from the beginning I love the guitar and the man's voice. It reminds me of country songs from the USA, but even though I do not like country entirely I really like this song for some reason! I can't really describe it, maybe it is his voice and the instrumentals? They mix well together and feels like a song everyone would sing together happily :DD. "Una vita da mediano!~~" His strong voice is quite handsome in my opinion, and the composition of this song is well done. It feels a bit different from the other songs too and I enjoy the pauses, they remind me of sadder but hopeful Japanese songs. This song feels like pursuit to me and it reminds me of this song called "Shine" by Ieri Leo and also of a song I hear on the radio often on Magic. It also reminds me of "Sweet Victory" from the Spongebob Squarepants "Band Geeks" episode. I guess the triumph I feel from this song is what makes me love it a lot :333 <3 . 9 out of 10 :DD, I'd definitely jam to this and belt it out!! >O< I'd replay it too x3. The lyrics remind me of songs played at sports games, but I think that's what makes me like it even more even though I am not into sports and even though the lyrics are quite simple. And even though it reminds me of other songs, it is quite distinct somehow to me.
"Don Raffae'" (Fabrizio De Andre') reminds me of a sneaky, pirate song and it reminds me of a medieval kind of song. It also reminds me of these songs from a Japanese series of songs, but I can't remember the name of the series. I like the soft, sneaky atmosphere and it reminds me of the Massachusetts Bay Colony (1600s) for some reason or even just older Italy. It kind of reminds me of Romano from Hetalia too. For all these associations, I really like the visualizations I get from it and what not. The instrumentals and the voice is nice too~. I'd rate it a 7 out of 10. I wouldn't rock out to it, but I'd definitely hum the lyrics and nod my head to it. The lyrics are interesting, but from a first glance kind of convoluted. But maybe I just don't get them, I haven't really read them over well any ways. But I like it, and it seems to be of good quality :33.
"Non voglio mica la luna" has good instrumentals and I love the woman's voice, it reminds me of some radio singers from here. It also seems to have a good meaning, though I can't find any translated lyrics. I love the singer's emotion and overall the song is pretty. It feels like a song I'd hear on the radio that I'd close my eyes and embrace. Overall, I'd give it a 7 out of 10. It is quite repetitive, but pretty. Sad, strong, and felice~.
ReplyDelete"Caruso" - Lucio Dalla: Is quite sad, but I love the beginning and the instrumental. It is full of emotion and the man's voice is very bello. I feel like it does not change that often though and it is not a song I would listen to much. But it is not bad, and the lyrics are well woven together. I can imagine beautiful imagery with this song too, I guess in a nutshell I would give it a 7 out of 10. It reminds me of a lot of the other Italian songs I have been listening too, but it is slightly different. But nonetheless, it seems of good quality and it is not bad; I just am not crazy for it. I would slow dance to this song though, oddly.
"Gente di mare" by Umberto Tozzi reminds me of a song sung here in the USA, but I can't remember the title. I like the similarity though and it is quite a strong song. I like the feeling of it, and it feels like a Disney song (especially a "Lion King" song). I imagine sunny saharas filled with jovial animals when listening to this, I like the tone a lot. I would give it an 8 out of 10.
I hope nothing sounds picky or bad, I don't intend for that ;~;. Besides, my opinions are nothing more than opinions and I actually liked everything. ;w; And I did this while listening to everything and these opinions probably wouldn't be my set opinions. For now, the opinions I've typed out are what I feel.
By the way, how do you properly capitalize Italian titles if you do not mind saying, Signora? ;w;
Grazie!~ Arrivederci! (Mi spiace for all the comments D:)
--Ooviya